gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1065 Posts in 217 Topics by 93 Members - Latest Member: Rejad Urruz March 14, 2024, 10:14:32 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  Followers of Mandalore  |  Branches of the Followers of Mandalore  |  Archive of Mandalore (Moderators: Verrel, Megika)  |  The Clone War Series in Question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Clone War Series in Question  (Read 6109 times)

Megika

• Al'ori'ramikade
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Verd'ika
    • View Profile
The Clone War Series in Question
« on: June 22, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »
As far as cannon goes, I highly doubt that the Clone Wars series version of Mandalorians should be considered cannon. Though Lucasfilm is trying to make it cannon.  How do we deal with Lucas trying to change the image of the Mandalorians? I would say just ignore the whole Satine time period and just make it clear that we don't recognize that as being cannon. Though at the end Satine does lose and the Mandalorians do return to their rightful tradition.

ijaat meerel

• Al'ori'ramikade
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'uus
  • forward unto the unknown darkness
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone War Series in Question
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »
well that may not be nessisary because in the official cannon durring the reign of satine a clone deserter overthrows the pasafists and reastablises the clans and becomes mandalore the resurector so it kinda balances itself out

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 12:04:54 AM »
As far as cannon goes, I highly doubt that the Clone Wars series version of Mandalorians should be considered cannon. Though Lucasfilm is trying to make it cannon.  How do we deal with Lucas trying to change the image of the Mandalorians? I would say just ignore the whole Satine time period and just make it clear that we don't recognize that as being cannon. Though at the end Satine does lose and the Mandalorians do return to their rightful tradition.

The clone wars series, while an amazing 3d work of art, is also a continuity nightmare. I think we deal with it by simply everyone keep stating that we are upset that they only show Mandalorians as either complete pacifists (which pacifists is one thing, but the type of pacifism they made it is extreme) or as Death Watch. What happened to the rest.

Those retconing are doing a nice job though, and actually make the storyline nice. Why can't they have their retconners writing the story to begin with?

I actually thought of a cool story plot line to retcon that with the Clone Wars, with while Ahsoka was on Mandalore, have her just before going to leave be needed to settle something in "The Old City", Keldabe, with Mandal Motors. When she arrives she learns that its not only the Death Watch that wares armor, and that despite how Satine wanted to paint a new picture the old one is still thriving.  ;D

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 07:32:02 PM »
The trailer for the new season (five? I haven't been keeping up) looks pretty good, it seems to have two different factions of Mandalorians fighting against each other, maybe something good will come out of it after all. It looked to me as though Lucas is trying to reconcile his changes and the already established canon set forth by Karen Traviss and the like.

Even though it doesn't thrill me, I'm actually okay with the Mandalorians having a period under Satine, as long as some event brings them back to normal (but believe me, I can't stand Satine). However, Mandalore being a post-nuclear wasteland and Jango Fett being a fraud (I still presume that he was lying about that) are different stories altogether.

That being said, as irritating as it is, I do enjoy the Clone Wars, and event though I haven't watched it in a long time, I find it entertaining and delightful to see Star Wars on television.

And unfortunately, the Clone Wars IS canon, G-canon in fact, the highest of all canon. And yes, it is a continuity nightmare.
Formerly known as Fett 1138...

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 10:55:41 PM »
Yes, it is the highest cannon; and even though it bugs me to no end, I enjoy the art and the stories in themselves. Too bad they even conflict with movie cannon, but then again the movies conflict with themselves.  >:D

Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  Followers of Mandalore  |  Branches of the Followers of Mandalore  |  Archive of Mandalore (Moderators: Verrel, Megika)  |  The Clone War Series in Question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx