gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1065 Posts in 217 Topics by 93 Members - Latest Member: Rejad Urruz March 28, 2024, 02:27:34 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  Introductions  |  Introductions  |  New...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New...  (Read 5844 times)

william_mccuan

• Verd'ika
    • View Profile
New...
« on: July 17, 2011, 10:58:06 PM »
Little confused on what this all is. A bit of 2nd life culture, a dash of Geekdom..
Hesitant to get on-board but its worth a shot.

Intro: I'm real. I have social skills and am as adapted to the real world as any average bloke is expected to.
"why are there all these alien face options for me?" I understand txt based communication is limited and so much is lost in translation.
But seriously  :-X

Martial Artist, Military Historian, Biologist, blah blah hype.

I'm online quite a bit. Day-trade, read the news religiously.

Do we have a Mandalore? Is it elected? Is there a competition for it?

Lets not kid ourselves. This originated as a make believe Culture, the only value brought by it members.
But its not any 1 persons vision, it has been hammered and adapted into a sort of constitution of a new world order.
The Ideals ring too true to ignore.
I've got mixed feeling joining an online group.
Downer, online cultures have the stereotype to gather those that can not fit in the real world.
Upper, I am passionate about my culture and way of life, and am looking for those that have the metal to fluff off what we have been told, and start to think and act for ourselves.

Thats me, thats my mind. Love it, Hate it.
We'll see where this goes.

ijaat meerel

• Al'ori'ramikade
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'uus
  • forward unto the unknown darkness
    • View Profile
Re: New...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »
Well i certanly cant complain about someone giveing their honest opinion and not giveing a shab about who cares. your well on your way to being a Mando already! Its very good to have you ner vod and i hope we can form a long lasting relationship as FoM Vode. 

Yes we Do have a Mandalore Which is currently Connor Montgomery (A.K.A. Fett 1138) now as far as elections we do not have them since Connor started our group he is entitled to lead until he steps down or is unable to lead for whatever reason.

And since you've given a bio i think its only fair to give you mine.

Im 18 and live in ky im a 3 time national champion tumbler, Marksmen, Metal and wood worker in my spare time, also a military history buff lol,
and martial artist currently shao lin but hoping to expand to Akkido and kendo as well.

I agree with your assesment that we should work to be our own culture and not just go off of what weve been told is right for us and i think you will find that we are well on our way. and i think you will also find that most of us are normal people who just happen to agree with the mando culture and way off life.

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »
I haven't got much to add to that, but I would like to say that the Followers of Mandalore is, in it's most basic form, a way for people who share a common interest to meet and discuss a central topic, which is, of course, Mandalorians. We also put some of our effort into expanding upon the Mandalorian culture, with our efforts to spread the culture to others and maintain the Mandalorian Wiki. We are not a role-playing "game" organization.

So, welcome to the Followers of Mandalore, I hope you like what you find here.
Formerly known as Fett 1138...

Chekar Nasreyc'aliit

• The Merc
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Al'verde
  • "Ever seen what a Sonic Det can do to a Bith?"
    • View Profile
    • The Fett Aliit's Website(Note, this is for Fetts in the Veeray'tsad Be'Chaaj'Teh'Vhetin)
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:56:21 AM »
I see the Second Life aspect as a way to sort of meet. As opposed to a forum where it is all text, the 2nd Life bit gives the feel of a more face to face meeting, due to avatars in a 3D world.

time to give myself a bio.

I've got no martial arts experience unless you count instinct and the ability to flail in a certain direction. As upposed to that, I'm an okay swordsman, and a pretty good shot. I've got a huge understanding of computer stuff. Not really hardware. I've got basic knowledge of that. But when it comes to anything to do with software, or internet, I'm great at it. I've also got some experience metal working, welding, and pride myself on my doomsday scenario survival guides.

I totally understand your skepticism in joining up, and to be hoonest, I had that feeling too. You raise alot of good points, and plenty I didn't think of. While you're right, sometimes online groups gather socially unfit individuals, I feel that this group has attracted a good group.

James Hodgkiss

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 03:48:59 AM »
To add myself into the mix, I have almost 8 years training in Tang Soo Do (South Korean Martial Art), I'm the level below black belt. I enjoy programming of pretty much any type; I have basic wood-working experience but my father makes handmade guitars and amplifiers for them (and when I say handmade, it's not just sticking pre-cut wood together, it's every single piece done by hand to perfection). I'm interested in physics and chemistry, and ancient history (rise & fall of the Roman Empire, for example).

CC-7219

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Verd'ika
  • Son of Nico Fett
    • View Profile
    • Buir's Facebook Fan Page
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 07:29:54 PM »
Welcome to the FOM ner'vod!

-CC-7219, Wyrick Fett

Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  Introductions  |  Introductions  |  New...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx